##---- නිරෝගී චිර ජීවනය සඳහා ----##
What is this CHIRA-JEEWA " Membership" ?
Current social situation:
Preventive medicine is important in the management of non-communicable diseases. According to the WHO more than 60% of deaths worldwide are due to non-communicable
(non-infectious) diseases. More than 50% out of above 60% are below 70 years of age. Therefore systematic use of the concepts of preventive medicine can markedly increase the life expectancy of a population.
Our target population:
CHIRA-JEEWA medical service mainly targets the non-communicable diseases like Diabetes, Heart diseases, Lipid abnormalities, Hypertension, Kidney diseases, Strokes; Cancers, most of brain diseases & paralysis. etc. These non-communicable
disease are preventable diseases. Also, these diseases can be identified in early stages. Therefore perverting these diseases invariably increases the life expectancy of individuals. We give adequate attention to the communicable diseases as well.
Utilizing principles of health management, preventive medicine, Health promotion, and the concepts of membership health co-operatives, we deliver individualized patient care service in international standards.
Mechanism of our membership:
In Sinhala language “CHIRA – JEEWA”
means long life, rather healthy long life. As its name indicates the CHIRA – JEEWA medical service has been designed for the meaning of the same. i.e. ,to safeguard the healthy long life of the members and thus to increase the life expectancy of
It is said that “prevention is better than cure “or “arogya parama laba”. Therefore it is better to live without diseases than suffering in hospitals
with various diseases, and it is the best investment which you can do in life.
Mental wellbeing is equally important as physical wellbeing because mental unhealthiness can lead to physical
diseases and vice versa. Current social situation is competitive. People tend to work day out night for their targets ignoring their own health & good health habits. This is one of major social problems today & if we do not react to it today, it will
be a major social crisis in near future. Even more educated social class has a habit of getting instant treatments for their health problems & to live without proper medical follow up.
“CHIRA –JEEWA “mission is an intensively planned individual health management service which can defeat above challenge. The prime objective of this service is to facilitate proper management of individual health services & treatments
by correctly timed referrals, thereby to prevent or early identification of health problems.
Another important objective of “CHIRA – JEEWA “medical service is maintaining
a computerized comprehensive health profile for the members. This health information data base (personal health record – PHR) system is an invaluable privilege to our members. It helps doctors to make scientific, correct decisions regarding our member’s
future health management and /or treatments. The rationale for this is that, in western medicine all the decisions on patient management are taken depending on the facts & in formation recorded in individual’s medical history. This health profile
will explain to you the importance of this PHR system. This is more or less useful in a medical emergency where you cannot give medical information to your doctor. Also it is important whenever you are admitted to a hospital either locally or in a foreign
All of below mentioned services will be provided to the registering members.
- 1. Storing your computerized personal health records (PHR) from birth to present
- 2. This PHR account is pass word protected and has an online
access to you & to your doctor from anywhere in the world.
- Your doctor can upload online advices to it, after studying your health profile.
- You can keep online
contact with your family doctor (24h x 365 d) to get advices without meeting him.
- These advices are uploaded to your health profile account as, articles, short texts, video clips, video calls and prescriptions.
- Receiving a SMS alert for each uploading
- Receiving an e –mail alert or mobile app pop –ups for each upload
will receive a health card with a printed health problem summary.
- you have an option to write your password on this card (to be used in an emergency)
- You can get
privileges and discounts form other institutes for this card
- In development, this card will contain an in –built microchip which can store your all health information.
- You will be warned and get automatized advices about your future health risks, hidden health problems etc. after uploading your health information to this account.
- In this health
profile all the health records are arranged & organized in a simple way where anybody can have a good clinical picture about the patient at glans.
- This profile creates a single interphase to the patient (owner),
family doctor, hospital doctors & to the specialist doctor to discuss about patient’s health issues.
- There is a facility to maintain a common health profile for a family under the supervision
of a family leader
- There is a self – health assessment tool in this profile where you can click your current symptoms & predict your future health risks.
- It contains a reminding alert system (SMS ,e-mail, mobile pop –up)for your future health care schedules / time tables
- Doctors can keep a list of personal health profiles of their patients inside
- Doctors can get their professional fees as online transactions for their online advices through this system.
- This health profile
account can be maintained & updated even by an untrained non – medical person.
- This online software is mobile phone applicable .So you can manage all above services using your mobile phone.
About the customer’s contributions which are required to sustain the service.
Introducing registration fee
monthly membership fee
Introducing professional fees (online
payments) for doctors. (compared to existing channeling / consultation fees for meeting them )
- It is 30% - 50% less than usual channeling fees (in non-busy
- You must upload all your treatment records, lab reports etc. and must keep your health profile up –to-date if you want to sustain membership (services).
must first register as a life member to obtain any of the services above.
- For the first registration you must upload a summary of your health information, prepared by your family doctor.
- You must UPDATE above health information summary in every month, with the help of your family doctor to sustain this membership.
- You must maintain a “to–do–list”
(a health calendar) in your health profile to maintain this membership.
- About the time taken by doctors to respond patient’s requests. Usually it is within 24
Giving a detailed description about the mechanism of CHIRA – JEEWA mission is beyond the scope of this short article. Also it is very difficult
to do it since it has been designed according to the modern medical science & technology. In brief, it is a mixture of multi-disciplinary service which involves medical science information technology and management science.
The best option is to actively involve with this membership to experience the difference & quality of this health care service .simply you have two alternatives.
- Whether you want to manage your individual health correctly to enjoy a healthy long life; or
- Whether you want to follow ad hoc methods of bad health management to end up in various diseases.
But, before that you have to think twice about your (or your guardian’s) ability & capacity of going
this long journey with CHIRA- JEEWA mission .If you are ready to accept this challenge please join with us .The ongoing instructions of this series of articles will help you to take that firm decision. Therefore keep on reading.
In summary - Just six steps to follow.
1-Read and understand.
Read these awareness articles well and understand them properly. Take second opinion regarding registration from other educated people.
2-Register as a member.
You have to send us duly filled application form, Health information summary first.Later, you can upload your past medical records to relevant pages to complete
your health profile account to be ideal.
3-Take the membership card.
You can collect it from one
of our regional centers or can get it by post just after manufacturing it within very short period.
4-Send monthly reports.
You have to send us a health information summary and a to do list in your health calendar once in a month followed by membership fees.
on to web.
Log on to your health profile account frequently (using your pass ward) and enjoy the E health services provided in it for your health promotion. It will entertain you while giving
you the self confidence.
Keep the online link with our doctors, members and with our organization in a professional manner.